Think Dog™ Practical
Course details: 2022
- Date: Thurs/Fri 6th & 7th October 2022 SPACES AVAILABLE
- Max 12 students per course
- CPD at Level Four
- Investment: £695 +VAT (split pay available)
Q. How do I gain practical experience to go with my theoretical knowledge?
A. Think Dog! Practical – handling and training course with Sarah Whitehead and Stella Bagshaw, offering individual coaching in positive reinforcement and clicker training skills.
This two-day practical canine handling and training course is designed to help those who have some theoretical knowledge learn fast, modern handling and ‘clean’ clicker training techniques in a supportive and enjoyable atmosphere.
We train in a rescue centre, in Old Windsor, Berkshire, and train the dogs on site that are waiting for new homes. This gives you lots of experience practising your clicker training with unknown dogs, under close (and enjoyable!) instruction. Plus, the added benefit of giving rescue dogs some of the training they need to find new homes!
This course is designed to provide intensive instruction over two days, covering:
- Understanding canine body language and facial expression
- Assessing temperament and training needs
- Using positive reinforcement – training dogs using clicker training
- Practical handling, observation and training with dogs in the centre
- Teaching transferable skills that last
- For more detail on course logistics, curriculum and ethos, click here
Who is this course for?
Those who would like to further their own handling skills in whatever capacity. This course gets rave reviews and is one of our favourites to teach! Look forward to seeing you there!Instalment option: For your convenience, we accept payment in three easy instalments prior to the course start date. The first instalment is a non-refundable deposit which secures your place. There is a small admin fee of £25 for paying by instalments – so you can save money by paying in full. Please note: This course involves handling of the dogs in the rescue centre – which offers a unique opportunity to handle and clicker train dogs other than your own. The rescue centre venue has a strict ‘no dogs in cars’ policy.
All payment plans include an admin fee.